Larry has had a really rough time over the last week. The radiation is really kicking him in the pants, but the good news it that he only has 4 more treatments. We will finish next Wednesday.
Larry has had some trouble with medications interacting with each other, which brought on a whole new set of problems. He had several episodes of what the nurse called "hallucinations", I called it talking out of his head. He is on so many pain meds and when you add in medicine for anti-nausea, it is a recipe for trouble. I think we are getting it all worked out, but it was a very worrisome time.
Larry has lost most of his hair, and is losing more weight than he needs. His appetite is gone and what little he eats doesn't taste good to him. I am hopeful that after the radiation is over, he will get back to normal eating habits.
We will see the oncologist on Tuesday and I think he will have a plan for the next step in his treatment plan.
Thank you again for all of the love and support.

No comments:
Post a Comment