About Me

My photo
Madison, Alabama, United States

Friday, May 20, 2011

Happy Birthday Larry

So today is May 20, 2011 and it is Larry's 61st Birthday.
It is another beautiful day and our whole world is upside down. And still I cry.
I cry for Larry, I cry for our kids, I cry for his family.
I cry because I just don't know what else to do.
I am sort of a control freak. And I have no control at all.
I don't have any clue what the next hour will bring for us. Or the next day, etc.
Larry askes me questions about what the doctors have told him, and he seems calm and almost accepting.
He loves to flirt and tease the nurses. So he keeps us in smiles and laughter with his wicked sense of humor.
He is not in any pain. And his cough is actually better. His breathing is still labored.
For now, we are in a holding pattern.
It is only 10:25 in the morning and I feel like we have been awake for days.
I will stop for now. Hopefully for my next post, I will have some idea about his treatment plan.

No comments:

Post a Comment